Saturday, December 29, 2012

Well the last plane out of Sydney's almost gone!

Sydney

I noticed that it has been a very very long time since I've written any updates. Lately, things have been moving along alright. After leaving Cairns and heading South to Sydney, I couldn't find any work that allowed me to save up money like I would have liked. So instead of just floating on in Sydney, I decided to come back to Moree and work on a cotton farm again. It's almost poetic really. Starting and ending my Australian in the same town, doing the same work. It feels a lot different this time though, compared to last time. I can remember just getting here a year ago, and having that feeling like everything is new and exciting... because it was. This time however, it just feels like a anti-climactic end to an amazing story. A story that brought me half-way around the World, in contact with some very amazing people, and an experience that I will never be able to forget, only to end at a Cotton Farm in Moree.
Bondi Beach


I came out to Moree with an Australian friend named James, who I met in Sydney. We work on the same farm, and live in town. We rent a room at a boarding house full of Serbians, who for Christmas cooked up a really good feed. Other than that, for Christmas all I did was sit around and watch shit movies.
Sunset at a Cotton Farm

Christmas Dinner

If I'm coming across as depressing, then I apologize. It is not my intention to depress, it's just that I guess I expected a little bit more a crescendo. It's my own doing though, I was the one who chose to come back here and save the money. I could have easily stayed in Sydney and burned through my saving hoping for a better climax. And why did I choose this? well, I will tell you.

THAILAND!

I can see it in the horizon. Out in the vanishing distance, I can begin to make out the beginnings of a new epic journey. With rasta bars, full moon parties, ladyboys, cheap drinks and cheaper cigarettes. And rocks! That's right, rocks! Sam, my little brother, who hasn't updated his blog since last time he was in Thailand will be making a 2nd trip to the country and meeting me there. He has been working on a lobster boat in Southern California, and when his season finishes he will be meeting me in Thailand sometime in March. I will be there at the end of January. My flight leaves Sydney January 30th. I only have a one-way ticket to Thailand  so I don't really have any plans on how things will go or what will happen. All that I do know is that come March I will be heading down to Phuket, getting on a speed boat that will take me to Ton Sai, where I'll meet up with my little brother who I haven't seen in well over a year.

So there we have it. I might get one more posting here in Australia before heading to Asia, I might not. Only time will tell.

Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment