Saturday, March 24, 2012

I'm getting a vacation!

It looks like in the next few days we'll all be getting a week off here at the farm. Harvest doesn't start until april 10th, and it looks like all the ground prep will likely be done in the next 4 or 5 days which will give us all time to go have a holiday. I'm thinking of going down to Sydney for that time though I've been told that I should go to Byron Bay as well. The problem is that after harvest I'll be buying my manager's Mitsubishi Pajaro and traveling around the country in it, and my plans are to go North for the winter, which means I won't likely be going to Sydney after harvest though I will be going to Byron Bay. I think I've pretty much set my mind to go to Sydney for the week off.

There are a couple of Canadian girls on the farm that are working as nanny's and they come over and party with us on occasion. Last night was one of the those occasions as we had today (Sunday) off. It looks as though we've had the past few Sundays off, which has been kind of nice. The only problem with having days off is that there really isn't all that much to do around here other than work, so when we get a day off we all just end up getting loaded drunk and using the day off to recover which is cool too. Last night I drank a heap a wine, which worked pretty well. Beer and Liquor are pretty expensive around here, but I found a 4 liter box of wine for ten bucks, which is pretty awesome. It does the job.

Since irrigation has ended we've just been doing random work around the getting the fields ready for harvest. Yesterday I spend the whole day on a tractor fixing all the roads with a drag bucket, which was pretty sweet. I ended up listening to an audio book for 12 hours. William Faulkner. The Sound and the Furry. I haven't finished it, but if I drag bucket tomorrow I will for sure.

Here are a few pictures. Cheers

Driving the tractor
Sunrise

John Deer 7730

Driving around the farm

Getting Drunk with the guys, and the Canadian Girls


2 comments:

  1. Byron Bay looks fun. You should stop by at a few fire stations and pick me up shirt or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this information with your readers.
    Appreciated!
    Accommodation byron bay

    ReplyDelete